Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF module Range and interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We want RF transmitter and reciever module with 50m--200m distance(Line of sight) and 50-100m distence through wall, for just sending squre pulse only (simple remote application).

Which can i select? is there any interference occure if i am using more modules in same area?

Lots of narrowband devices available but to sort out the mutiple devices within range you will have to do some application level "collision detect and retry" algorithm or go for FHSS or DSSS devices

Reactions: ismu

ismu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
We want RF transmitter and reciever module with 50m--200m distance(Line of sight) and 50-100m distence through wall, for just sending squre pulse only (simple remote application).

Which can i select? is there any interference occure if i am using more modules in same area?

Are you licensed radio amateurs? If yes, you would know what to do. If not, DO NOT ATTEMPT to transmit any signal without license! In civilized countries it is illegal to cause interference, and punishable by a fine and jail.
You certainly can become radio amateurs- contact your local group, for advice and education.

ismu

Short range transmitters are perfectly legal in almost all countries on specified bands, without a licence, with restrictions such as 434MHz, 458MHz, 915MHz, 2.4GHz, depending on which country you are in. Whether they will manage 200m through a wall is another matter.

Keith

ismu

Thanks jiripolivka , keith1200rs

I am in india i think 434mhz at 200m range is allowed here.

There will be plenty of other bands available as well. Look for one that allows more power. Otherwise, lower frequencies will propagate better, particularly through obstacles. There is probably a band around 173MHz.

A decent antenna or two will make a massive difference to the range.

Keith

ismu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back