Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RF module communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponnus

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I want to interface an RF module to PIC microcontroller. Does anyone know a sample code for interfacing the module to microcontroller using AT commands. Please help...

Last edited:

I want to interface an RF module to PIC microcontroller. Does anyone know a sample code for interfacing the module to microcontroller using AT commands.

What type of RF module are you referring? Do you need duplex or simplex transmission? And what are the throughput requirements?

The XBee series 1 modules offer a virtual transparent serial connection up to a 115,200 BAUD rate, no AT Commands required, for a simple Point-To-Point (P2P).

Simply design your project with a serial cable between the two nodes, once communication has been established, you can swap the serial cable for the XBee series 1 modules.

Check out the following group for numerous examples of Embedded Wireless example projects:

BigDog

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,
I am using Xstream OEM RF module for point to point transmission. It has a maximum throughput of 19200 bps. Is there any sample code to show how to interface RF module with microcontroller?

Hi,
I am using Xstream OEM RF module for point to point transmission. It has a maximum throughput of 19200 bps. Is there any sample code to show how to interface RF module with microcontroller?

Sorry my friend I got only this:

Product manual:
ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/productmanual_xstream_oem_rfmodule_v5.x00.pdf

ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/quickstartguide_xstream_oem_developmentkit.pdf

Read manual for some developer issue or link.

Reactions: ponnus

ponnus

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hai,
Is there any difference between RF modem and RF transceiver module?

Hai,
Is there any difference between RF modem and RF transceiver module?

Today we can say that is the same, but depends from manufacturers data and design of module model, there is lots of transceiver that only sends data, for receiving must have receiver module. Modem considered to be bidirectional both in one.

Today terms transciever and modem are general and wide used therms, for lots of different things. Should always check manufacturer info about capability of device/module. Lots of people just say RF module and that dont mean much.

See one project example :
**broken link removed**

Experiments with AVR Microprocessors and APRS Packet Radio
**broken link removed**

Read some additional info:
Transceiver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Radio modem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
General Packet Radio Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Reactions: ponnus

ponnus

Helpful Answer Positive Rating