Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resources for transformer designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

makri

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anybody can help me to get trasformer designing details

Re: Transformer Design

There are many transformers for different applications. Before designing you must to say specs and application field.

Hi,

Have a look at intusoft's magnetic designer software. It will help you do design according to your specifications :

h**p://www.intusoft.com/mag.htm

* = t

You can use the area-product approach to design it. Check the book: Colonel Wm. T. McLyman “Transformer and Inductor Design Handbook” Second Edition, Marcel Dekker, Inc.

Area product is Ap=P/(2B Ku J F) = Ae x Aw = winding area x core area

B is magnetic density in Tesla, ku the winding occupation and J the corrent density in the wire (typ 4A/mm^2). Fs is the frequency.

Number of turns is N =V/(4B Ae Fs), with Ae the core area and V the voltage of the winding.

The power electronics books have usually a chapter about this.

bastos

is this an audio transformer or an rf transformer ?

I highly recomend to read the Tech note of Midcom concerning the design of transformers at:
**broken link removed**

Many thanks ! It helped me so much on chosing the transformer for creating my own switching power supply !

Transformer Design

there is a chapter in <Fundamental of power electronics> book by Erison.
In the transformer chapter, a detail design procedure is introduced. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.