Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor and capacitor layout using Silterra

Status
Not open for further replies.

slackz1987

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I've searched for several guides on how to draw a resistor and capacitor layout but all the results returned in using cadence in which the layers are different from using silterra. My questions here are basically:

1. I suppose there are different types of resistors (poly, diffusion and etc?) as well as capacitors (mim, mos?) therefore, may I know what are the most basic (common) type of resistor and capacitor and their layers in Silterra ?

2. I'm having a 50 ohm resistor. For resistor, I had seen a few guides saying that the Rsheet is fixed so now I have to calculate my W and L. The W and L is for which layer and which side does it refer to as in the W = horizontal/ vertical, L = horizontal/ vertical dimension of the layer ?

3. I'm needed to draw 1 pF capacitor. How do I draw it's layout and know its value, W and L or area ?

All this layout is to be done using Silterra. Your help would be very much appreciated. ;)

This depend on the technology that you target. Check the model parameters and calculate the Length and width that gives 50 ohm and the 1pf.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using silterra to draw a layout in 0.18 micron technology and thus, I don't know the basic layers for resistor and capacitor layout in silterra as they vary with cadence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back