Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

request for material on active s-param and grating lobes relations to beam steering

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i a trying to design a 1D phased array there are two consepts which i am lacking material about

1.when we set the distance between elements there is some surface wave velocity (which is similar to C)
How do i find this wave velocity
2.How active S-parameters(F-parameters in CST) linked to realised gain of the antenna?
1-gamma comes from regular s-parameters not from F-parameters.
Thanks.
1650921778534.png

1650921816060.png

1.when we set the distance between elements there is some surface wave velocity (which is similar to C)
How do i find this wave velocity
To answer your first question,

The SW velocity can be computed numerically by using solvers such as HFSS. Personally, I would prefer an eigenmode simulation of a piece of bare dielectric -- this gives you the dispersive properties of the various modes over a wide range of frequencies. Otherwise, you could simply try to extract it from TM01-SW-mode equations, such as those found in Pozar.

For most applications, this velocity is sufficiently close to that of light.

Hello, this is very interesting and very new to me .
1. Could you please help me with Pointing into pozar , what chapter section is the most relevant for me ?

2. I am using CST it has also Eigen mode solver . Why are you using only for dielectric peace and not whole transmission line .
I’ll be also very glad if you have some basic manual which find the phase velocity of SW?
Thanks.

1. In my version of Pozar (3rd edition), it's section 3.6, page 131, Surface waves on a grounded dielectric slab. You can calculate velocity as 2*pi*frequency/Beta.

2. You said you were looking for surface-wave properties, not the properties of any transmission-line modes?

Reactions: yefj

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back