Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASYHUTOSH12

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am the student of ECE dept third year. As a project I want to make a remote controlled car using 8051 , basically a transmitter and receiver from which I can have desired output like running motors etc. So regarding circuit design and how to achieve it I needed your guidance.
Kindly provide help.

Hi,
Firstly you need to decide which protocol you are going to use. Popular protocols include the Philips RC-5 and Sony SIRC. Then you need to learn how to decode the signal coming from the receiver using your microcontroller. Then you can decide on what action to carry out.

Sony SIRC:
SB-Projects: IR Remote Control, Sony SIRC Protocol

Philips RC-5:
SB-Projects: IR Remote Control, Philips RC-5 Protocol

On that page you can find more details of other protocols by selecting it from the list on the left side of the page.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.