Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relationship between OTA gain vs f3db

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosrej

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Am I understanding this correctly. I have an OTA and given that the f3db is 60 and I want to increase its gain but the as the gain increases the value of the f3db decreases and the ouput resistance also increases and vice versa so there's no way to have a high increase in gain of OTA while maintaining the value of f3db at 60? Is there a big difference when my f3db is 30 instead of 60.

I wonder if there's a unique definition of OTA "f3dB" in literature. In my understanding, it should refer to the dominant gm pole, observed with shorted output. Can you clarify your definition of the term?

I'm sorry I'm talking about the frequency where the power is halved

The Gain * bandwidth of a opamp is constant .So if you increase the gain the BW /f3b will decrease .You can look into any book which deals with OTA and you will understand better .

Status
Not open for further replies.