Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regulated power-source during switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micro Lover

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i m using 89c51 to displaying different type of bulbs, and i need a regulated output, the problem is that i m using switching mode, so how can i get a regulated output

that i m using switching mode, so how can i get a regulated output
Dear Micro Lover
Hi
What do you mean by that ?
Regulated square wave ? regulated amplitude DC supply ? can you tell me a bit more explanation about what you want to do , please ? thus , maybe i can help you .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

here i m trying to explain

View attachment untitled.bmp

and very important is that, both ( + ) and ( - or ground) are from micro-controller so i also need stable or regulated ( i m not sure which word is more usable) ground or (-)

Last edited:

Hummm , is your amplifier linear ? you should use a nonlinear amplifier ( if your out put wave isn't simultaneous it is pretty easy .
how much current do you need and what is your frequency ?
Best Lucks
Goldsmith

i m using lm324 , the frequency is almost 100 hz, and load is aprox 1.5 amp (using 12 v) simply i m using bd-135 for load, its normal power is 1.5 amp, but during switching it can work on 3.0 amp

and very important is that, both ( + ) and ( - or ground) are from micro-controller so i also need stable or regulated ( i m not sure which word is more usable) ground or (-)

As i understood you need a two level signal ( between zero and high ) . and the out put of your micro is about 5 volt . there are many many choices here . but i can suggest some of one to you :
using an ICL7667 or an optocoupler and then a mosfet ( if your out put can be from supply to drain )
BTW: how much is your duty cycle ? 50 percent ?
or using an half bridge with a mosfet driver to obtain very high current .
but good choice when can achieve , that you say what is your load . is that inductive ?
Regards
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.