Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding using IRS2186 mosfet driver for Synchronous boost application

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmadithya

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I'm using IRS2186 mosfet driver soic-8 package to drive a high side and low side mosfet. Now the problem is I have made two separate designs for High side and low side drivers but both are not working separately. I have enclosed the schematic below. I will be using one of these mosfets to replace the diode usually used in Boost converter. So this mosfet will be used as a synchronous fashion. But since both the drivers are not working as of now, there are some hurdles. Also I cannot use the same driver to switch the 2 mosfets because of the synchronous boost design.
This mosfet I have used in Synchronous boost converter is IRFZ44 and the Input voltage is from a 20W panel with specs Voc = 20V and Isc = 1.4A and Vmp = 17V and Imp = 1.18A. Also inductor value is L=47uH, Cin = Cout = 100uF. In the driver circuit , C1 = C2 = 0.1 uF, R1=R2=10 ohms,Vcc = 15V, Hin and Lin are fed with microcontroller PWM pulses of 3.3V.

The low side mosfet driver is working and I am able to turn mosfet on at 2.6V. But as I increase it further, the mosfet just turns off. Also as you had said U1 doesnt work. Could you help on how I should go about. And I have also rigged up the following circuit as shown below using LED's to see whether they turn on alternately. But even that didn't show any results.

Attachments

• IRS2186 High Low side driverdriver.jpg
    IRS2186 High Low side driverdriver.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Led test IRS2186.jpg
    Led test IRS2186.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com