Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding gdii layer mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakesh1234

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone ,
I want to know about gdsii layer mapping when exporting gdsii.
What is a layer number what does it specify ?
What is a layer data type what does it specify ?
I want much information on tjhis topic if anyone having some good material can u please upload it here ????

Hi Rakesh,

The idea is quite simple.

GDS does not store the name or purpose of the layer. The layer name is just an number. Every layer number can also have different data type. So a complete layer specification is <layer name>:<data type>

In a gds editor or P&R software, you use meaningful name like metal1, via1, metal1 text etc. When you want to output to a gds file, you need to tell the software what gds layer to write to. For example, you need map meta1 to 31:0. Which number to map to depend on the process you are designing. Refer tot the DRC document for a list of gds layer.

Regards,
Eng Han

I like to add one more point to this. This GDSII layer number is given by the foundry. In your tech file a seperate sub-class named streamLayers is there. It defines your layer mapping.

How to use SOC Encounter for export GDS which layer map mach with GDS number layer ?

Thanks!

when you write out gdsii from p&r tool u have to provide a mapping file for layer mapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back