Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [Innovus] How to keep top layer dont change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordon

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am using innovus to implement a IO modle, it is a combinational logic. I do the combinational logic module before ,it works well, but this module,
in TSMC.18 6 layer metal, i am going to using the low 4 layer,1,2,3,4, so i add ring layer 4, and place std cell top metal 4 as below,
1.png
2.png

until here, the top layer is metal 4, but next, after i type 'set_db reorder_scan_comp_logic true' and 'place_opt_design', it run with placeOPT outcome and the top layer have not follow the rules which i think top layer is metal 4, What is the wrong step? I need to keep the top layer metal 4 in this module, and leave the rest layer for top design.
I found the error because Nano Route, i select top layer 4, but it tells me layer 5 has existsed.
--- Updated ---

I noticed that when 'place_opt', some message like that:
3.png

from this point, top layer has been changed.

Last edited:

do not trust the graphical interface for anything in innovus. use commands to configure which metal layers are allowed. something like this:
setDesignMode -bottomRoutingLayer 2
setDesignMode -topRoutingLayer 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back