Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding conversion through serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAALENI

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there,
i request for good-self to let me be clarified for me the following
1.how to send a 16 bit data from FPGA to PC through serrial (RS232) port
2.how to concodinate two 8 bit data to make 16 bit data when the above 16 bit data has splited to two 8 bit data for serial port communication
3.is then any mode in serial port (UART) communication from FPGA to PC to send 16 bit data in one attempt
4.the data will be received and display in the command window using MATLAB

thank u.

if ur using a custom tx and rx u can send even 16 bit using protocol similar to uart. but not in standard pc uart implementation because the 16550 uart chip in mother biard has 8 bit wide buffer only.
if u hav send 16 bit data to pc by splitting it, this can be combined to 16 bit back easily by writing a small piece of code, in c , c++ (examples available jus google it) to acewes the uart register and combine the words
reagarding matlab i'm not 100% sure but they should hav provided some ways to capture the data from uart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back