Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

recording to voices from different two mic a the same time using matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliofds

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to record speech using matlab from two different mic connected to my computer at the same time is this option available or not and if not whats your suggestion to me

Does your device have two ADC's? Then it should not be too hard.

If it only has one ADC then you may find a way to add devices that will allow you to switch back and forth between mics.

You do not necessarily have to run it at 44.1 KHz (the common standard for cd quality sound).

You can run it at a few kHz and get intelligible speech, although it won't be hi-fi.

so how will i know if my computer had more than one ADC or not

If you're talking about a pc or Mac, then it's likely to have a stereo jack.

The Sound or Audio control panels should have this information.

Or on a Mac it would be the System Profiler.

I have a Compaq laptop that only has a monophonic input jack. At first I could not tell if it was mono or stereo by looking at it. I checked its specs at the Compaq website. I tried sending it stereo sound through a stereo cable. However it only seemed to record in mono.

It appears there are laptops which have stereo mics, and this implies they can handle stereo line input.

Check the specs on your computer. You may need to do some experimenting to make sure what you have.

The internal sound card has the ADC or ADC's.

I have no experience with matlab.

To start getting familiar with recording and processing digital sound, you can use whatever software came with your computer if any, or you can obtain software. There is a popular free program called Audacity which I use. Available for download at various software internet sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back