Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

recording of conversation on telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmsikar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
can anyone tell how to copy the conversation on telephone to a soundcard of a computer , and i also want to connect 2 telephone lines and the caller id also.?
this is the software

https://www.nch.com.au/vrs/

please reply..

thanks

To record voice data to pc sound card, insert a 600:600 ohm transformer in series with the telephone line. One coil in series with phone circuit, the other connected in parralel with two 4v7 zenner diodes anti-series (protection against ring voltage and other overvoltages) and to soundcard line in. Also, make sure you do this for legal purposes. Listening to what other people talk is not legal.

/pisoiu

thanks for replying

i need to connect two telephone lines at the same time to my sound card how do i do that ?
can u give any circuit?

thanks

please reply

Hi gsmsikar,

You can record telephone conversations with good quality using a hardware interface like:
http://www.plusdesign.com.br/Recorder.htm.
You can connect two lines to the soundcard, but you cannot record both at the same time (or they will be mixed together). This is a limitation of the soundcard hardware (you have only one CODEC per soundcard). There are some multiple soundcards, but they cost a lot!
You can try to install more than one card in your computer. Some models do work with this configuration and it's much cheaper

Hope it helps!

__JR__[/b]

@jr
thanks for replying
but how can i also get the caller id of the incoming phones which are recorded if i use 3 sound cards at the same time and record all the three voices at the same time?

thanks

Hi gsmsikar,

You need one hardware adapter for each line. The soundcard enables the recording. The callerID information comes through the serial port. In this case you would also need three COM ports available.

Regards

__JR__

hi jr

can u tell me how and more ?

thanks

Hi gsmsikar,

Sorry for my late reply...

The hardware interface I suggested ( http://www.plusdesign.com.br/Recorder.htm ) has a serial interface (RS-232) through which the CallerId information is sent to the computer. The hook information also comes through the serial port, enabling the automatic recording of conversations when the phone comes off-hook. The interface also has an audio output that has to be connected to the line-in input of the soundcard. There is a phone jack to be connected to the telephone line (in parallel). The unit does not need to be near the telephone. You just need a parallel connection to the telephone line you want to record from.
The software has a manual and an automatic mode, it can run in a hidden state, and also has a real-time monitoring mode.

Regards

Use a Voice capable external modem (any dialup external modem) + a program called Advanced telephone recorder...it has got Caller id also..

Status
Not open for further replies.