Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crossover/Distortion on MUX

Smillsey

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I have a deisgn in which i have multiple signals entering a DG1208 mux.

I am using ada4807 op amps both before (to provide gain) and after (as a buffer) the DG1208.

At the output of the DG1208 pin 8 (COM) is a non-inverting buffer as follows;

1704786328537.png

The signal going into all of the DG1208 pins isnt distorted and looks good at all frequencies (3MHz max is needed), but the signal on pin 8 above has some crossover distortion at all frequencies, and when you increase to frequencies above around 200kHz the distortion "moves" up the sinusoid .... see below

img_2956 : singals in (yellow) and out (red) of dg1208

IMG_2956.jpg

img_2955 : closer look at the crossover distortion

IMG_2955.jpg

img_2957 : another trace of showing the distortion

IMG_2957.jpg

img_2958 : another look

IMG_2958.jpg

img_2959 : Example of when frequency is significantly increased, the distortion moves along the wave, even past 90deg.

IMG_2959.jpg

I am pondering what this is coming from, this is the first version of this board and imporvements will be made - but this distortion is baffling me a little....

The output load is minimal as the DG1208 is dirving a non-inverting buffer.... could this be the issue?

I really don't want to have to switch to using signal relays as i would need 6 and they are costly and large.

Any ideas on solutions to this would be most welcome!

Is there any DC offset on the input voltages?
Try adding a load resistor from COM to ground (maybe a few K Ohms) to give the switch something to 'push' against. Just a guess...

Brian.

hey brian thanks for the suggestion... i am not super knopwledgable on these swithces.

there is no DC offset... although the next stage in the circuit is actually a DC offset stage preparing the signal for the ADC driver...

so if i cant eliminate it with a load resistor i could put this switch after the DC offset stage...

Hi,

please show a useful schematic. .. and complete in the meaning of signal flow and parts involved.

The one in post#1 tells nothing about power supply, where the signal comes from, where it goes to, resistors, capacitors...
Also we don´t see the scope connection.

Without useful information we can´t give useful answers.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back