Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rechargeable power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

REIGN180

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
110v rechargeable power supply

Hi everyone,

My first post and it's a big question...
Is it possible to build a 110v DC rechargeable power supply?
I want to be able to use my photographic studio lights on location.

So basically just a big battery that can be plugged in at home to be recharged, and that has a couple of standard wall outlets to power the lights.

And yes I'm a noob.

Thanks

Sure, you can link many normal rechargable batteries in serial.
But the cost... Better buy a diesel generator.

Ok...

Another question then... Could I buy a UPS backup power supply and just use that?
Or can they only be activated when there's a drop in current?

It depends on model of the UPS. Some of them can start without poweer supply, some of them can not.
But there is still problem of costs. Studio lights have big power requiremenst (I think it's hundrets or maybe thousends watts). Standard computer UPS (1kW or 2kW) can supply your lights only for few minuts...

If you could provide more details as to what you want to do actually, only then people here would be able to provide some suggestions.
Of course you could use a UPS but the way you want it
110v DC rechargeable power supply
UPS will have to be custom designed to provide a 110 VAC and then convert that to 110v DC using rectifers and capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back