Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receiver architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowgli

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nezami rf architecture

Hello all,

could someone suggest or post a brief tutorial/article/application note which compares different receiver architectures (e.g. direct conversion vs superheterodyne)?
Please consider that I would avoid reading a complete RF book (I already got the Nezami book on the subject): what I am looking for is a description of the architectures which focuses on the comparison of the available technologies, giving advices on how the design should be carried on and the trade off in choosing one particular architecture.

Thanks

Mowgli

I think that to compare receiver architectures it is necessary to know them and reading just one book is not enough to make right decision. When you try to cut the corners and find quick solution you almost unavoidable will get opposite result. Only good RF System analysis can show what is the best for this particular application.

This book contains description of various transceivers architecture: **broken link removed**

mowgli

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you alexandr22061986 for the link.
RF-OM: I agree with you about studying but what I need now is a simple guide to have a quick overview as a starting point. Actually I am not directy involved in HW design (I am a embedded SW developer), but I would like to acquire some notions about this topic just to be able to understand main topics of such a kind of design.

Thank you all

Well. You may try this book, I upload it a few weeks ago:

There you will find the very short review, but it is good enough for the first quick look. It is definitely not enough for receiver design as well as any other single book, but for your case it is probably the best.

mowgli

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you RF-OM,

I think now I have sufficient material to study: the next step is trying to find someone who help me in making good practice!

Regards
Mowgli

Probably the fastest way is to use good RF system simulator. You may setup some receiver block diagram and play with it and with block's parameters. It allows to see results and learn them quickly.

Good luck with your study!

If you like you can download Ansoft Designer - Student Version for free and there you can experiment in software with some of the system simulators that you have learnt about in the preceeding texts and applications notes

Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.