Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading layout file in SoC Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdo18

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The analog design engineer made some modifications on the design layout in Cadence Virtuoso, and he wants me to check timing of the digital core in the modified design using SoC encounter. What file can he generate that I can read?

a DEF file with the new routing should work. for the cell placement, I am not sure there is a convenient way.

a DEF file with the new routing should work. for the cell placement, I am not sure there is a convenient way.

The DEF file generated by Virtuoso doesn't contain any information about the design. It's between 10 and 20 lines only.

In which view should the DEF file generated in Virtuoso: layout, schematic or abstract view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back