Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

read and write SAIF files in modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

3wais

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to estimate the power consumption of a design. I'm using Synopsys Power Compiler,Design Compiler and Modelsim.
I first used the lib2saif command in DC to generate a SAIF file (also found lots of tutorials mentioning rtl2saif command, seems to be obsolete though,command is unknown in DC), then compiled my design. next step was to simulate the design with the generated SAIF file in Modelsim.

This is were the problem arises, All the tutorials I found mention the use of shared library (.so extension) created by synopsys to interface with Modelsim (using Modelsim's FLI or Foreign Language Interface). the library was named DPFLI.so in some tutorials and libvpower.so in some others. I couldn't find either, not even the directory they are supposed to be inside, actually I couldn't find any .so files in DC's installation directory at all!! I'm now sure this library is obsolete (I'm using synopsys version 2012.06, the newest of the tutorials I've found was about 2009).

But now I want to know how to include this SAIF file in my simulation? or how to deal with it in my simulation? I could not find anything about that in the user guide or any online tutorials.

Last edited:

Hi,

Check out the following link for performing Power simulation with Synopsys Power compiler SAIF files and ModelSim.

**broken link removed**

I already tried to follow that one. It uses DFLIO.so. the one I said I couldn't find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back