Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simultaneous Read and Write in AHB

fragnen

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does Read and Write can happen simultaneously in AHB?

How do you define simultaneous read and write? In AHB specification, HRDATA is shown to echo HWDATA at write cycle end. I won't consider this echo as simultaneous read write. Which AHB waveform do you expect for simultaneous read and write?

How do you define simultaneous read and write?
By simultaneous READ and WRITE it is being indicated that Master can issue a READ and a WRITE transaction in the same clock cycle.
--- Updated ---

In AHB specification in the timing diagrams READ and WRITE waveforms are shown in the same diagram. From that it appears if it means simultaneous READ and WRITE is possible in AHB. Is that appearance correct?

As already stated, I see just a misunderstanding of AHB diagrams. Echo of write data has nothing to do with simultaneous read/write.

As already stated, I see just a misunderstanding of AHB diagrams. Echo of write data has nothing to do with simultaneous read/write.
What do you mean you echo of write data? What did you mean by "HRDATA is shown to echo HWDATA at write cycle end"

Do you want to mean that write and read cannot happen simultaneously in AHB?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back