Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radio circuitry help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanH

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I've been playing about with model rockets and electronics for many years now yet i've hit a bit of a block and i've no idea how to go about getting past it as there seems to be nothing on the internet regarding it

what i need to do

build a light weight radio control system, very basic, two flaps, moving in both directions either side of central point (probably controlled through a servo for each flap) i also need one other channel to fire a rocket motor this channel can simply control a relay, thus the channel just needs to be an on/off affair, ( the same goes for the other channels).
Ideally i'd like to build the circuit from scratch though i understand pic progamming may be involved, i have access to basic programming gear on the PC, not sure if the software would be suitable (this is on school PC's). Though i would need some serious instuction for programming. I'd be willing to get pre made circuitry but only the base Tx and Rx i'd like to put my own servo's etc on, if possible i'd quite like to control the thing via joystick (though i can break out the gaffa tape and buy a cheap gaming one, it's only switches after all)

lastly i need to have a video feed coming back from the aircraft i was considering using something like the linked camera below, if someone can tell me the best was to improve it's range to around a mile that'd be great

range required: 1km-1mile ish

oh it's all going on a rocket propelled glider that'll be deployed at around 1000ft in the air just to add some context.

https://www.amazplus.com/8-channel-wi...et-274630.html

Cheers
Sean

any schematics +minor explanation woudl be of massive help or any other advice :)

What you're describing sounds about the same as normal radio control equipment used for planes/ boat/ vehicles. The receiver is miniature and will fit inside a nose cone.

It would be straightforward to control servos by wire. It's another thing to make your own radio transmitter and receiver with 1 mile range.

As for the video feed, look into the equipment used by camera enthusiasts, who shoot movies from an airplane.

Recent thread about rf telemetry for a rocket:

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/236257/

ah i may have got the wrong message across, what im after is some advice on the best may to make a light weight frequency ocilator with a long range carrier wave, im quite competent at building one with a reasonable range on a basic semiconductor circuit i was more after some "how to" on designing the circuit with IC's.

I need to avoid standard pre made radio equipment purely so i can make it to my own specification and size, that and it's for an A level project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back