Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS EMmodel not smooth <Help>

Christmas_N

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I designed a bias circuit, the layout of this circuit is below. After simulating the EM, I updated the model of this layout and dropped the Emmodel in the schematic, and this is what happens. I have 2 questions and hope you help me solve these problems:
1. Why emmodel in schematic look so small. I think the reason is because the layout unit is mm and the schematic unit is in, but I don't know how to change the unit in the schematic. How can fix it?
2. why are the curves in emmodel not smooth?
Thanks for your reading and I need your help!
1689952460170.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-21 222925.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 222925.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2023-07-21 223558.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 223558.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 42
Hello,

1) You can set size/scaling of the layout look-alike when you create the symbol. You can delete the existing symbol and create it again, with larger scale.
2) For better meshing, Momentum can pre-process the layout. This is enabled by default. Setting should be safe, no reason to worry!

Best regards
Volker

scale_lookalike.png

em_simplify.png

Hello,

1) You can set size/scaling of the layout look-alike when you create the symbol. You can delete the existing symbol and create it again, with larger scale.
2) For better meshing, Momentum can pre-process the layout. This is enabled by default. Setting should be safe, no reason to worry!

Best regards
Volker

View attachment 183981

View attachment 183982
Thanks for your help, it works!!

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back