Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
@ltera qu(at)rtus ii

I am going to use Altera Quartus II

My doubt is

i am creating a project in verilog and when i go for simulation will Altera Quartus will do automatically simulation synthesis and timing analysis...

if so what are the tools i mean any inbuilt tools are there for simualtion,synthesis and timing analysis what it is...

second one..

i have seen the option for linking modelsim and synplify pro .....if i linked it...will i need to get a license or
license will also included in ALtera Quartus II edition ..

any full design flow is there

@ltera qu(at)rtus II

if you create a project in verilog then quartus will not do automatically simulation synthesis and time analysis...unless you create .vwf file and add it in your project....

@ltera qu(at)rtus II

To [My doubt is...]
If you want QuartusII to do simulation,you should create a file "*.vwf",and add it to your project.And then you should add your signal node into your VWF file and set simulation waveform.Last,Click simulation tool icon.You can see your waveform.
To[second one.. ]
In my experience ,Quartus is powr enough for your level For the moment ,your should undertstand Quartus.As modelsim and synplify pro,they are all powerfull tools ,but a little complicated for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…