Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about using Altera Quartus II

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
@ltera qu(at)rtus ii

I am going to use Altera Quartus II

My doubt is

i am creating a project in verilog and when i go for simulation will Altera Quartus will do automatically simulation synthesis and timing analysis...

if so what are the tools i mean any inbuilt tools are there for simualtion,synthesis and timing analysis what it is...

second one..

i have seen the option for linking modelsim and synplify pro .....if i linked it...will i need to get a license or
license will also included in ALtera Quartus II edition ..

any full design flow is there

@ltera qu(at)rtus II

if you create a project in verilog then quartus will not do automatically simulation synthesis and time analysis...unless you create .vwf file and add it in your project....

@ltera qu(at)rtus II

To [My doubt is...]
If you want QuartusII to do simulation,you should create a file "*.vwf",and add it to your project.And then you should add your signal node into your VWF file and set simulation waveform.Last,Click simulation tool icon.You can see your waveform.
To[second one.. ]
In my experience ,Quartus is powr enough for your level :)For the moment ,your should undertstand Quartus.As modelsim and synplify pro,they are all powerfull tools ,but a little complicated for you:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back