Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about .mnl file in Orcad Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gragala

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a doubt about mnl file in Orcad Layout.
I have to modify a pcb layout, but I have some squematics for this design and mnl files generated, and I am not sure about what mnl file is my pcb layout using.
Can I know it?
When you create layout pcb (max file) using a netlist generated by capture (mnl file), after saving max file can you delete mnl file? Is any place or any way to know what netlist was used for layout?

I know that when you create a max file using a mnl file, when you modify the squematic (capture CIS) and generate a new netlist with autoECO activated(mnl file), when you load max file in Layout , it informs you that mnl files has been modified, and it upgrades layout design.
I have tried to modify squematics I have found, and I have created new netlist, but the layout doesn´t detect any change in the mnl file...Maybe this idea to know what mnl file is using is stupid, but I haven´t had any better one.

Thanks in advanced for your help!

where is mnl layout

Hi
mnl file is netlist input file of orcad layout.
If autoeco doesnt invoke automatically after generating new netlist, then u need to run autoeco from lsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back