Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about measuring current DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yen

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I want to measure my current dac. I have some question.
1.How do I measure my INL and DNL using multimeter?
Because my current dac has 12 bits and 500MHz. Too many points.
How do I measure INL and DNL by using multimeter?
Or if you have some good method , please tell me detail. Thanks.
2.If I want to measure SFDR, how do I generate my patterns?
I want to my output is like sine wave. How do I do ?
if you have some good method , please tell me detail. Thanks.
3.Do you think how do I do about my PCB for my inputs or outputs.
Do I need buffer or diodes?
My outputs connect 50 ohm. How about my clk?
If you have some good method , please tell me detail. Thanks.
I never measure dac. Please tell me detail. If you have any data, please tell me.
Thanks.

Re: About measure dac

I have the same trouble with you!
Thinking.....

About measure dac

12 bit resolution, which is 4096 points and multimeter?? No way man. You need to actually use a high resolution current meters or else, you can actually use an external amplifier stage of atleast a gain of 4, on the PCB in order to get the effective measured resolution to 10 bits. Then you can use a multimeter.

For SFDR, you need to model a sinewave. This modelling can be done using a FPGA board to generate a vector of 12 bits for sine wave generation. The link for the code for FPGA is at https://www.doulos.com/knowhow/vhdl_designers_guide/models/sine_wave_generator/

Re: About measure dac

Vamsi Mocherla said:
12 bit resolution, which is 4096 points and multimeter?? No way man. You need to actually use a high resolution current meters or else, you can actually use an external amplifier stage of atleast a gain of 4, on the PCB in order to get the effective measured resolution to 10 bits. Then you can use a multimeter.
If my dac's outputs connect 50 ohm, how do I do? I will measure voltage.
Do I choose oscilloscope , multimeter or others? Is oscilloscope accurate? Why do I use external amplifier ? Can you tell me detail ? thanks.

For SFDR, you need to model a sinewave. This modelling can be done using a FPGA board to generate a vector of 12 bits for sine wave generation. The link for the code for FPGA is at h**p://www.doulos.com/knowhow/vhdl_designers_guide/models/sine_wave_generator/

Status
Not open for further replies.