Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about At commands and mobile phones....again

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_seeker

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at commands for mobile phones

Hello all ,

I have a project this semester in which i use PIC 18F4550 and a mobile phone, I need to send digital data from the microcontroller to the mobile phone , at first I wanted the communication between them to be through usb..but that wasn't possible..so now I will make it through serial cable , for that I decided to use nokia 3100 mobile phone..is it a good choice??

does Nokia 3100 accept At commands?? and is it easy for it to deal with the microcontroller??? if not..can you please suggest other mobile phones !!!

the other thing is...the AT command itself...is the code written in the PIC the same code written in hyperterminal?? (maybe stupid question..but i really know nothing about all of this :cry:)

the third thing is...should there be a program on the mobile phone to accept the AT commands??

ther last thing is...how do I know that the mobile received the data from the PIC..or that needs another program in j2me for example...or that can be told without having to make any prgramming (I already made some programming but that was for gprs to send data from the mobile )

I know they are too many questions to ask , but i have to ask, i'm stuck with all those things..and i really need help..

Thanks a lot :|

role of at commands in mobiles

>Nokia 3100 mobile phone..is it a good choice??
Yes, as many other phones: If You already have a Nokia 3100, then use it.

>does Nokia 3100 accept At commands?? and is it easy for it to deal with the >microcontroller??? if not..can you please suggest other mobile phones !!!
Yes, it supports AT command

>the other thing is...the AT command itself...is the code written in the PIC the >same code written in hyperterminal?? (maybe stupid question..but i really know >nothing about all of this Crying or Very sad)
Yes, they are the same

>the third thing is...should there be a program on the mobile phone to accept the >AT commands??
Of course, I think it's a embedded function of the firmware

>...how do I know that the mobile received the data from the PIC..or that needs >another program in j2me for example...or that can be told without having to >make any prgramming (I already made some programming but that was for gprs >to send data from the mobile )
:) AT request sent by PIC will be confirmed by a message 'OK' or 'ERROR' or
a numeric code, so You will have to parte the answer .
Have a look to AT command help document at Forum Nokia site for appropriate AT-commands.
A tip:
Because not all AT commands are implemented in all phones, You can test wich
AT commandds are supported sending the command string:
AT+CMGS=?<CR>
You can experiment first using a terminal program on a PC. and then You
will be able to code the AT commands in the PIC.
Bye
brix

[/quote]

at commands in mobile phones

Hi,
Before you conclude, please have a look at this thread :

**broken link removed** . Please seek the truth and let us also know the truth.
Here is one more thread with more info:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
Laktronics

nokia 6600 at commands

Hello All,

paperego , laktronics thank you for replying :|

ok, what I leant from those links is that nokia 3100 doesn't support AT commands ,that means I will definitely exclude it . I thought of using nokia 6600 , but i was told it doesn't have a COM port..is that true?

>...how do I know that the mobile received the data from the PIC..or that needs >another program in j2me for example...or that can be told without having to >make any prgramming (I already made some programming but that was for gprs >to send data from the mobile )
AT request sent by PIC will be confirmed by a message 'OK' or 'ERROR' or
a numeric code, so You will have to parte the answer .
Have a look to AT command help document at Forum Nokia site for appropriate AT-commands.

I didn't mean how to know that the mobile received the commands , I meant the data which will be sent to the mobile from the PIC after all of this AT commands thing.

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.