Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

questions about altium v15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohammad Ghorbani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there . i have bunch of question about altium v15.
in pcb board wizard section i can't change singnal layers 2 to 1 . why ?
after finishing wizard , can i change signal layers ?( after importing component from schematic)
how to change board size after finishing wizard?
how much value is proper for gnd and vcc wire ?(in metric)
thank you.

I don't understand your signal questions.

To change the board, go to board layout mode (press 1). From there, there are several options under "Design" for modifying the board. You can also try using Altium's crummy online documentation, but I find it easier to just search the web.

Nobody can tell you what "proper" trace size is; it depends on your current, copper thickness, etc.

i mean this section. i can't change to 1 .

Untitled.png

The reason for this is that in PCB design, layers are always processed in pairs. So if you want signal layers, you immediately have to take at least 2 (top layer and bottom layer). Single layer boards aren't manufactured anymore in standard pools. Same goes for power planes: they're also added as a double sided copper laminate, so you also immediately add two.

Of course, nothing prevents you from keeping a layer completely empty. This will then have the same result as the layer being absent, although the PCB might be slightly thinner. However, this is usually not a problem except for controlled impedance applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back