Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question regards to MOS ROM Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

DE4User

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

In following attachment, there are two ROMs which implement specific logic functions. In Fig.6.14(b),the upper ROM A is a min-term generator which produce certain combinations of input signals, while the lower ROM B sums up those terms to perform some logic functions. In Fig.6.14(c), it is the corresponding MOS layout.
My question is,I dont think the MOS layout in Fig.6.14(c) implements the correct logic which defined in Fig.6.14(b). Take Q2 for example, if input A is logic '0' and input B is logic '1', MOS transistor at second row first column in ROM A will be opened, as a result the first column line in ROM A will be low which in turn will close the MOS transisor at second row in ROM B.Therefore, O2 will output logic '1'. However, by truth table, Q2 should be logic '0'.
View attachment question.bmp

I dont think the MOS layout in Fig.6.14(c) implements the correct logic which defined in Fig.6.14(b).

You're right, I think. Because ROM A in Fig. 6.14.(c) doesn't represent a (N)AND, but (also) a (N)OR ROM, like ROM B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back