Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Question for Allegro users

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigahertz

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My company has added this tool and several of us are in the learning stage.

Isn't there a way to move items precisely through use of entering relative coordinates at keyboard? It seems that such a powerful program would have such a feature, but non of us are finding and it looks like only mouse and manual drags can be done.

For example, if I need to place a pad a distance of 5mm with angle of 45 degrees from a specified point, it seems clumsy and not so accurate to use mouseclicks and try to eyeball with a very small grid.

Or here is another example, I have a 1206 footprint that I need to spread the pads apart so that they are 118 mils edge to edge, it would be nice if it could be done through keyboard commands and relative coordinates.

How do some of you experienced users make precise movements of items quickly?

As in attached image if you click on "P" tab on bottom you will get a pop-up window where you can put co-ordinates there is also an option for relative pick in that.
for angular positioning there is option of rotation

THANK YOU! So simple. It was right in front of our face! (we were only familiar with the 'A' button) "problem" solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back