Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Transformer Terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

budder8818

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cirucit.jpg

I have a question about the wording of transformer probelms. See diagram
So the question says:

A 1 phase 3kVA 240/120V 60HZ transformer has a feeder impedance .75+1.17j.

So the question says:
Determine the voltage regulation when the transfomer is supplying full load at 110V and .9 leading power factor.

My questions:

1. Ok, so what are they talking about when they say "supplying full load" I am assuming the load is at the low voltage terminal?

2. When they say "at 110V" what are they talking about? Where on the circuit diagram is the 110V. In addition, is that 110V rms, in other words, is that 110V at 0 degrees or is there some unknown phase angle?

Thank you I'd really apreciate some help.

:grin:

1. Load (full load -approx. 3kW) is concted to the secondary winding, marked as EL ..
2. 110V is again the secondary winding, and it should be RMS ..

IanP

Ok so 110volts across the secondary winding at 0 degrees? and how did you get 3kW for full load?

for 110Vrms => sin has 155Vpp at 90deg, cos has 155Vpp at 0deg .. you can "play" with degs as much as you like ..

This is 3kVA transformer so full (resistive) load will be 3kW ..

its not fully resistive though. The power factor is not 1. Right? Isn't there some Vars to the load. So I could use relation S=VI* to find I. Where S is the load power and V is the power across the load.

Thanks for staying with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.