Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about the idea of synchronous permanent magnet wind generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghazal

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have one problem about synchronous permanent magnet wind generator.
wind is variable then how can have synchronous machine.
what is means of synchronous machine.
means out put of frequnce is synchronce with any wind.if you see any ph.d thesis or paper that can help me tell me.
Thanks
Regards

synchronous machines

I don't have a direct answer for you, but try a Google search using the keywords "wind" and "PMSG" or "permanent magnet synchronous generator".

synchronous generator variable frequency

any body can tell me direct answer .
don't use like search in other site.
I search it and ask a problem.
thanks

synchronces machine

Dear Ghazal
You are right, out put frequency is always proportional to rotaional speed of the rotor. ω_out = p/2*ω_mech

but if it is needed to connect the wind generator to grid (electric power network), the output is connected to a rectifier and converted to DC voltage, then it is converted to a constant frequency voltage, using an inverter.

Wind Generator--->Rectifier--->DC Link(a Capacitor)--->Inverter--->Grid
______________^Variable Frequency
______________________________________________________^Constant Freq.

stator rewinding machine where to find

as leotim says, it's a sychronous machine whose output frequency is proportional to the rotor angular velocity. The name sychronous machine has to do with its construction rather than sychronization with the grid. Typically a generator is sychronized and is a sychronous machine so it can lead to some confusion.

Most sychronous machines will have rotor coils and stator coils. The rotor coils are typically energized to generate a magnetic field. In this case, that is done with a permenant magnet. The voltage output from the stator coils is a function of angular position (i.e. it operates without slip).

An typical nonsychronous machine will have a stator coil and a squirrel cage rotor coil. The current in the rotor coil is not applied by an external voltage, but is the result of induced current from the stator. The output voltage is a function of both angular position and torque on the shaft (i.e. it operates with slip). The output voltage will never be sychronous because of the torque.

-jonathan

synchronous machines theory elementary

I send theory about the synchronous machines

synchronous machines theory review

have u got any documentation permanent magnet generator? please help

synchronous generator for wind turbines

ghazal said:
I have one problem about synchronous permanent magnet wind generator.
wind is variable then how can have synchronous machine.
what is means of synchronous machine.
means out put of frequnce is synchronce with any wind.if you see any ph.d thesis or paper that can help me tell me.
Thanks
Regards
The word 'synchronous' in synchronous permanent magnet machines indicate that magnetic field generated by stator winding is 'synchronous' to the rotor angular speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back