Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about PA design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmkfc

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am curious what is the first thing to look at when designing a power amplifier at specific frequency, is it bias Vs Ft? Also, is that the same for all the class (A,AB,C,etc)?thx

I think the class can be answered from a simple wiki look up:
Power amplifier circuits (output stages) are classified as A, B, AB and C for analog designs, and class D and E for switching designs based upon the conduction angle or angle of flow, Θ, of the input signal through the (or each) output amplifying device, that is, the portion of the input signal cycle during which the amplifying device conducts. The image of the conduction angle is derived from amplifying a sinusoidal signal. (If the device is always on, Θ = 360°.) The angle of flow is closely related to the amplifier power efficiency.

Well the first thing to look at is how to obtain the specific frequency as the input through filtering. Once that is done you proceed to start processing it through amplification. Keep in mind that amplification can cause distortion so you may have to amplify and filter in various stages. You also are going to want to use capacitors to need reduce the noise of the signal.

This is really a mundane reply but I hope it at least gets you thinking.

I am not quite understand what the first sentence mean. but anyway thx for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back