Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tuning OMN of PA

Christmas_N

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a PA Class-F circuit but having difficulty with OMN, I want to find someone to help me fine-tune the circuit, because 3f0 is at high frequency, the EM simulation results are not as good as I expected. I hope someone can help me and I will pay for it.

Thanks for your reply, here is the schematic and simulation of schematic
1692600655404.png

1692600678955.png

But when I layout and simulation EM, in third harmonic is not good, I show below:
1692600767853.png

I think this is because high frequency leads to large attenuation and parasitic components. How to improve this?

You're working at 9GHz and you used GJM series consumer type capacitors. These capacitors are not modelled at 9GHz and beyond. You have to use appropriate capacitors for professional purpose.
Look at
and
https://www.johansontechnology.com/rf-capacitors

Are TL48 and TL10 Open Circuited Stubs ?? If they are, why don't you use Open Circuited Stub MS Line ?
Models might be very different. I mean opening a MS Line cannot transform that line to Open Circuited TL.
Because the simulator uses the models that have been obtained either analytically or empirically.
Layout is also important. How did you design the layout ??

You cannot simulate (and tune) the OMN of a Class-F PA without the transistor in place. Especially at this relative high frequency.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back