Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about load pull measurement on wafer devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpxiao333

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
load pull measurement

Hi,

I want to know that for load pull measurement (on wafer devices), do we get the power contour at constant (or 1dB compression point) delivered input power or constant absorbed input power.

i always find that paper only use Pin without specification.

thanks in advance.

Re: load pull measurement

Its the delivered power.
Mazz

The countures are the output power for let say 1dB steps. The input is not matched to 50 ohms and the input power sometimes might be high because the input R.L is bad. So it is for constant input deliver power but the issue is the ouput and not the input power.
When you simulate load pull you can match the input port for maximum absorbing power or you can just increas the input power in order to get the output power you look for.

D.J

The problem I meet is that the input R.L is bad, just as D.J mentioned, and due to the limitation of our measurement system i can not do source matching, can I still use fixed dilevered power to find the optimial load, with the absorbed input power changes much at different load?

another thing is how to choose the input power level for finding optimal load?
It seems that for the focus load pull, it chooses the Pin at 1db compression point for very load.
Is there any system choose fixed Pin for every load?

thanks

D. X

Look for papers by Andrea Ferrero, I think he is the major expert on load pull (both active and passive setup ) in the world.

See also: www.pafmicro.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back