Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about line regulation graph of LDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

arielski3

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi Guys,

i am currently doing an evaluation of LDO and im trying to get the line regulation graph. since im varying my supply voltage,say 6V to 20V, over a load current, i would expect my output voltage to rise. however, this is true only for current load less than 150mA. when i increase my current load further say 200mA, my output voltage rise from 6V to 15V and from 16 volts it started to decrease.. so what seems to be the reason behind the decrease of my output voltage from 16V to 20V? by the way, the LDO was designed for voltages until 20V and max current of 300mA.

thanks

Re: Line Regulation(LDO)

it seems to be going into constant current mode.. its better if you can share some schematic etc. for getting more onto this problem..

Re: Line Regulation(LDO)

kindly see attached for the block diagram.. block diagram is all i got..

no attachment still? any way, what are the conditions in order to say that the circuit enters constant current mode? and what is constant current mode means? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back