mostafanfs

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Question about exporting Altium to HyperLynx

Hi
I use Altium for scematic and PCB design. It is very easy to assign a Signal Integrity Model to a component in Altium. But the problem is when I export a PCB as a HyperLynx file I see that in HyperLynx none of the elements has Model. For example SPARTAN3.IntLib Libraries FPGAs have IBIS Model included but in HyperLynx by selecting a net related to Spartan3 we need to re-assign a Model to FPGA. Why is that ?
Is ther anyway to fix this problem ? Like exporting Altium PCB as PADs PCB file and calling hyperlynx inside PADs ...?

Last edited:

The problem is that you exporting a PCB file and not the Simulation models from Altium. You will need to create a .REF or a .QPL in Hyperlynx so you do not need to re assign it every time you load a .HYP file.

Thank you

But can I creat a .REF or .QPL in Altium ? How ?

Or you mean first assign models in Hyperlynx then export them as a file for later use ?
Does Hyperlynx recognize Altium Signal Integrity Models ?

And by Simulation Model you mean Signal Integrity Model, Right ?

I appreciate your reply ...

Last edited:

The .REF and .QPL can only be created in Hyperlynx. Hyperlynx cannot load Altium simulation model files.
Hyperlynx can only use IBIS, SPICE, MOD and S-parameter files, which you assign when you load a .HYP file.
The .REF file uses designator to assign models. The .QPL file uses part numbers to assign models. Search help for automapping

Is there a better way to convert Altium PCB File to HyperLynx HYP File ?
Because when I use Altium to do this (using SaveAs menu) But it doesn't export Part Numbers and many of other useful data like Power PLanes and ... (As I mentioned specially Part Numbers)

Last edited:

please visit the altium add on group here : https://code.google.com/p/altium-designer-addons/

there is another hyperlynx exporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…