Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about exporting Altium to HypeLynx

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafanfs

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Question about exporting Altium to HyperLynx

Hi
I use Altium for scematic and PCB design. It is very easy to assign a Signal Integrity Model to a component in Altium. But the problem is when I export a PCB as a HyperLynx file I see that in HyperLynx none of the elements has Model. For example SPARTAN3.IntLib Libraries FPGAs have IBIS Model included but in HyperLynx by selecting a net related to Spartan3 we need to re-assign a Model to FPGA. Why is that ?
Is ther anyway to fix this problem ? Like exporting Altium PCB as PADs PCB file and calling hyperlynx inside PADs ...?

Last edited:

The problem is that you exporting a PCB file and not the Simulation models from Altium. You will need to create a .REF or a .QPL in Hyperlynx so you do not need to re assign it every time you load a .HYP file.

Thank you

But can I creat a .REF or .QPL in Altium ? How ?

Or you mean first assign models in Hyperlynx then export them as a file for later use ?
Does Hyperlynx recognize Altium Signal Integrity Models ?

And by Simulation Model you mean Signal Integrity Model, Right ?

I appreciate your reply ...

Last edited:

The .REF and .QPL can only be created in Hyperlynx. Hyperlynx cannot load Altium simulation model files.
Hyperlynx can only use IBIS, SPICE, MOD and S-parameter files, which you assign when you load a .HYP file.
The .REF file uses designator to assign models. The .QPL file uses part numbers to assign models. Search help for automapping

Is there a better way to convert Altium PCB File to HyperLynx HYP File ?
Because when I use Altium to do this (using SaveAs menu) But it doesn't export Part Numbers and many of other useful data like Power PLanes and ... (As I mentioned specially Part Numbers)

Last edited:

Is there a better way to convert Altium PCB File to HyperLynx HYP File ?
Because when I use Altium to do this (using SaveAs menu) But it doesn't export Part Numbers and many of other useful data like Power PLanes and ... (As I mentioned specially Part Numbers)

please visit the altium add on group here : https://code.google.com/p/altium-designer-addons/

there is another hyperlynx exporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back