Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about component placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

supi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have come across this question:
Explain recommendations for placing following components on PCB-
1. Power transformer
2. FRC connector
3. Heat sink
4. Potentiometer for setting gain
5. Power transistor.
I have never designed a PCB .
Can anyone help?

hi supi ,
better place this connector in corner of PCB and remaining parts are depends on schematic flow( circuit design ) better explain your project

HI,supi
Signal flow in accordance with the layout .

Firstly I would determine the physical requirements of the product the PCB is going in, the case size, how it is goint to be fastened in the case. This will give you the size of the PCB.
Next you have to determine where any connectors positions are, again dependent on case.
Next any parts that have to be easily accessed by the user, such a a potentiometer for setting gain.
Next with heatsinks and power devices you have to determine thermal requirements, where is the heatsink mounted, power transistors are going to be mounted to this.
Other questions you may have to answer are:
Are there any high voltages.
Are there sections of the design that require isolation for EMC or other requirements (power transformer next to low level signals that are going to be amplified may be a problem due to magnetic coupling)
ETC
ETC
ETC
Welcome to the basics of PCB design, this is just the start:)
More details would help to be more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back