Status
Not open for further replies.

wichayen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone knows the regulator IC like below?

Now, I try to find some regulator that can generate 2 output (pulse and minus). That IC has the pin that can control output pulse or minus. Does anyone knows information about this IC.

Input: 12 V
Output: +5 or -5V (voltage selectable is more useful)

Thank you!

are you sure the IC needs only +12V to generate both the +/- 5 outputs?
i've heard of only ic ACT8600,which is a dual regulator with outputs + and - ,but it also needs the input to be - .not like what you said.

Yes, Actually the input side is connected to car battery.
I think, actually I can generate 2 output of +5 and -5 V and select by mechanical switch. But I concern about lifetime of mechanical switch and some noise when switching mechanical switch. So I try to find that IC.

It may be very difficult to find off-the-shelf circuit like that ..

How about steping voltage down to 5V and using H-Bridge configuration switch the outputs .. It's like driving a motor and changing direction .. see this pdf:
http://www.discovercircuits.com/PDF-FILES/HBRIDGE2.pdf

Regards,
IanP

wichayen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It had to be step-down DC-DC converter chip.
Since no spec. is given try looking in Linear Tech or Maxim website for such part.

I don't know if this will help but Analog produces something like this

ADP3330 High Accuracy Ultralow I(Q), 200 mA, SOT-23, anyCAP® Low Dropout Regulator

**broken link removed**

See if that's what you want. This one has only one output but check if there are any two output ones.

I remember there was also ADP1173 which I think did 12v to 5v...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…