Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questio about 2 output (+, -) regulator IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wichayen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone knows the regulator IC like below?

8_1175071881.jpg

Now, I try to find some regulator that can generate 2 output (pulse and minus). That IC has the pin that can control output pulse or minus. Does anyone knows information about this IC.

Input: 12 V
Output: +5 or -5V (voltage selectable is more useful)

Thank you!

are you sure the IC needs only +12V to generate both the +/- 5 outputs?
i've heard of only ic ACT8600,which is a dual regulator with outputs + and - ,but it also needs the input to be - .not like what you said.

Yes, Actually the input side is connected to car battery.
I think, actually I can generate 2 output of +5 and -5 V and select by mechanical switch. But I concern about lifetime of mechanical switch and some noise when switching mechanical switch. So I try to find that IC.

It may be very difficult to find off-the-shelf circuit like that ..

How about steping voltage down to 5V and using H-Bridge configuration switch the outputs .. It's like driving a motor and changing direction .. see this pdf:
http://www.discovercircuits.com/PDF-FILES/HBRIDGE2.pdf

Regards,
IanP

wichayen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It had to be step-down DC-DC converter chip.
Since no spec. is given try looking in Linear Tech or Maxim website for such part.

I don't know if this will help but Analog produces something like this

ADP3330 High Accuracy Ultralow I(Q), 200 mA, SOT-23, anyCAP® Low Dropout Regulator

**broken link removed**

See if that's what you want. This one has only one output but check if there are any two output ones.

I remember there was also ADP1173 which I think did 12v to 5v...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back