Not open for further replies.

yxo

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spectre case sensitive

Hello! Did anybody face writing to the spectre netlist a name of a cell but not the Model name? As a result, the error happens that there is no such model. If anybody knows how to solve this problem, I'd appreciate it.

spectre cdf

yxo said:
writing to the spectre netlist a name of a cell but not the Model name?
Hello yxo,
IMHO you always need to instanciate a device with a model name. If you want to make your own model, you have to define a subcircuit (with your own model name), based again on already defined models, and then call it by this name.
HTH! erikl

instance of an undefined model

I didn't get what you mean. Actually, there are cells from a design kit and I don't need to use my own model. These elements have CDF parameter "Model name" with a name of a particular model and I, of course, have these models. However, the "Error found by spectre during circuit read-in...an instance of an undefined model _cell_name_ " occurs. When I look in a netlist, I see that the cell name was written instead of string from Model Name.

call element of subcircuit in spectre

yxo said:
"Error found by spectre during circuit read-in...an instance of an undefined model _cell_name_ " occurs. When I look in a netlist, I see that the cell name was written instead of string from Model Name.
Hope, I understand your pb. now! ;-) It is not easy to help you without knowing the erroneous line in your netlist. But may be this hint can help you: Contrary to SPICE and HSPICE, SPECTRE is case sensitive. So make sure that the instance call uses exactly the same syntax (also regarding case sensitivity) for the model & pin names - also concerning the pin order, of course - as that one used in the CDF. The CDF type should be set to Base.

cadence cdf pin order

I didn´t find out an answer. The snapshot makes my problem understandable. Here instead of nmos1v_dfm should be nvh. But what should I do to get that?

cadence cdf instance name 在哪儿改

yxo said:
Here instead of nmos1v_dfm should be nvh. But what should I do to get that?
Just change the model name in the netlist from nmos1v_dfm to nvh, and then re-simulate.

spectre model view cadence

yxo said:
It seems to me that this way isn´t correct a little bit
Right. But if the tool doesn't provide a correct netlist (it's a bug, and you are not the only one to have experienced it!), one has to find a workAround ( corriger la fortune ;-) )

spectre spice calls

In fact, I´m dissapointed a little because I´ve got another PC with the same Linux, the same Cadence IC51041, and the same design kit and a simulation works perfectly there. There is one difference only, the soft on those PC were installed by another guy
I know it is possible!!!!

nmos1v_dfm

yxo said:
There is one difference only, the soft on those PC were installed by another guy
I know it is possible!!!!
And I know a solution: As a colleague of mine always tells: "If you want it done right, do it yourself!" ;-)

spectre simulator cadence

thats not a problem at all. Write down the model name to CDF parameters from /cds/tools/dfII/samples/artist/models/spectre/basicMos.scs
Do not forget choose this path in ADE model libraries

cdf type+cadence

this is the same problem i have !
any more help , i will try this after how i can do from where ??

spectre cell model

manish12 said:
this is the same problem i have !
any more help , i will try this after how i can do from where ??
May be the description below can help. Yet, I'm not sure if I understand what you mean.

m1 is an instance of an undefined model

it is littel bit tuff !

i am not able to place correct para to add/edit !
still i make it upto simulation ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…