Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quality of Digilent FPGA board

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

How about the Digilent FPGA board, see **broken link removed**, I want to buy the Spartan3 board, but how about the quality of this company's board, who know that?

Regards,

Davy Zhu

digilab 2e reference

As a user I can say it is excellent considering the cost, better than any of the xess stuff.

Delay (delayed by technology)

xilinx digilent fpga

Hello, Xilinx's distributor in China said the Kit will be send after 12 weeks, so I have to buy it directly from Digilent through FedEx, or who in USA can help me?

Regards,

Davy Zhu

digilent dio2 project

I ordered the Spartan 3 starter board from Xilinx in the USA and got it within 1 week, and I'm located halfway around the world ;-)

advanced digilent fpga board projects

Digilent are in the Xilinx's list of board vendors, so that means they are certified by Xilinx (I think...). I use a Digilent's CPLD C2C Board and it is fine..
I wil recommnd Memec Design Solutions for Xilinx FPGA and especially Spartan 3..

digilent buy

Digilent board is good. I am using D2E from Digilab. I recommend Spartan-3 board from Xilinx Online.

what digilent fpga should i get

Some friend gave me a DIGILAB 2E board.

I want to learn FPGA's but I don't know the starting point. Could you tell me which tools I need to get?

digilent fpga boards

Boards from Digilent are good for beginner or advanced user. You can use them to learn something. First, you should download Webpack from Xilinx for free. Second, download all of related documents from www.digilentinc.com, especially reference manual and design. Then, read carefully manual and use design to test and learn on boards.
Right now, I am using D2SB and Spartan-3 Starter Kit to design some projects on MicroBlaze, PicoBlaze,...

Digilent FPGA board

I had very bad experience with Digilent Spartan2 (Digilab 2) boards in conjunction with their I/O board Digilab DIO2. Due to bad PCB design these boards suffer from noise. Also, DIO2 board had missed connections to VGA port. When I sent letter to them pointing this problem, they released new DIO board with correct connection, but missed output transistors, so VGA port was non-working due to low signal level and noises.

Last time, I had experience with boards from Digilent 2 years ago. Probably, now they are OK, following positive reports in this topic.

Re: Digilent FPGA board

i think their site is not consummate.
but the price is reasonable.

Digilent FPGA board

Their prices are good. Sometimes you can get better boards for about the same cash, but thats only when someone like Memec introduce a new kit. The Digilent board dont have many peripherals. There are quite a few addon boards, but their prices addup.

Digilent FPGA board

Insight china will give u solution

Status
Not open for further replies.