Pure sinewave SPWM inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Mary Gannon from TI Ireland or Harwin with their new ACE award can join in on the discussion. Ooops did not think so. Why am I receiving their totally unrelated marketing spam?

I am already getting 180Vdc across cap of LC filter in dc-dc converter. What is the difference between the SG1876 or the one in the diagram and the SG3525????

Dear Kryptone
can we go systematic

There is some problem in your DC DC converter let us rectify that problem first before proceeding to H bridge

1 Disconnect the H bridge from circuit power on the DC DC converter and check output voltage
2 connect 180V 50w load and measure output DC voltage and measure the drop accross L1 and measure The battery voltage while on load
post your obsevations
regards ani

Not having a go at you. Possibly/Probably your Tutor/Lecturer..

Perhaps Mary Gannon from TI Ireland or Harwin with their new ACE award can join in on the discussion. Ooops did not think so. Why am I receiving their totally unrelated marketing spam?

I am already getting 180Vdc across cap of LC filter in dc-dc converter. What is the difference between the SG1876 or the one in the diagram and the SG3525????

Perhaps Mary Gannon from TI Ireland can help you out with that question. Obviously not interested.

Subject: Opt-in to Texas Instruments Product News and Technical Information

Elsewhere,

https://www.ti.com/lit/ml/slup126/slup126.pdf

This might, or will, be Lloyd Dixon from Unitrode, as was before they got swallowed by TI, giving some words of wisdom. Unfortunately it appears to have broken off from the original and lost his name.

As per the PDF presented. Go to page 6)

Thus Spake Lloyd Dixon.

The SG3846 is a current mode controller. The original would have been a UC3846 as developed by Unitrode from the UC3842, single switch controller, to deal with dual switch, specifically push-pull, circuits.

The 'second source boys' moved in later.

Wet finger says 'The Wisdom' was imparted at least 20 years ago and yet we still find, assuming you are one of them, final year students.. on a deadline trying to implement 'pure sinewave converters' using push-pull voltage mode converters as a front end whilst dribbling about with micro-controllers.

When software bricks itself you hit the reset button. When an SMPS bricks itself it becomes a brick. If you are building this up on S-DEC bread board, or equivalent, you already have a brick waiting to become toast.

Your Tutor/Lecturer has failed you.

Oh Noes...

https://www.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/...-190851/unrestricted/PWM_Techniques_final.pdf

Please do carry on.

Can you tell me or calculate for me a suitable boot strap capacitor value for a DC bus of 180 V-dc please in order to get 110 VAC at the output of the inverter.

Can you tell me or calculate for me a suitable boot strap capacitor value for a DC bus of 180 V-dc please in order to get 110 VAC at the output of the inverter.

Hello ALL,

My inverter is working I get 106 VAC with min load (ie. 7W light bulb) and my frequency s stable the issue is eventhough I used the MCU to create a sine table and placed the inductor in series with the load and the load parallel to the capacitor (22uF, 400V) not sure of the inductance but I think it maybe in the micro henry its a ferrite core one of the circular ones. I am getting a modified sine wave and I need a pure sine wave how may I do so?????

Please help???

By eliminating high frequencies,you can get pure sine wave.So,adjust the LC filter value.

Hi there,

I really enjoyed your posts in this thread, absolutely informative and helpful but i have a couple of question...

I can understand the benefits of the current fed push-bull stage in terms of battery current averaging and the PCB design but designing a coil that'll pass say 100A of battery current is rather difficult and the result is a monster in weight and dimensions, isn't that the reason for putting the filter on the secondary side, lower current hence smaller inductor?

Why did you define the frequency at 60 KHz while the SG3525 controller outputs a 120 KHz?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…