Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse width with negative temperature coefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_bihan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was designning a pulse generator ( ring oscillator);

The spec need the period to have negative temperature coefficient.
The hotter, the shorter the period.

If I used a RC delay to form the pulse width, the coefficient will be positive because the resistor will be more resistive.

MOS working close to sub-threshhold region have negative coefficient however, I have no idea to implement.

Any idea? Any paper?

thanks,

If your design is in IC, some technologies offer a hiresistive poly which has negative temperature coefficient. You could also use a MOS resistor biased under its ZTC (Vt decreases with temperature). You could use a PTAT current source instead of a resistor.

If you want NTC pusle width instead of NTC frequency, why generate a ramp and NTC/PTC voltage? You can use a comparator to generate the pusle.

Humungus:

Yeah, it is the direction. However, in detail implementation plan will be more complex. The bias voltage will be very sensitive below ZTC point.

PTAT might be a nice idea.

Any good article on that?

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back