Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linking S-param to ringing of pulse PDN to QPA2575 amplifier

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello , I am trying to link S-param to ringing of pulse PDN to QPA2575 amplfier.

To simulate the effect of decoupling capacitors of a basic trace via system connected to IC where i have a 0 to 6V pulse going to the drain.
for that i have build a system in my EM simulator as shown in the attached Video and i got return loss result.
1.did i made the correct assumption described in the video that the load of the PDN is 6V/3A=2 Ohms?
2.for me S22 (return loss) if its low then it good because all energy when inside the system.
but does it mean that my pulse signal at the input when reaching the load will have extra oscillations?
can i see if my return loss is good enough that i will not have ringing?

3.how can i see based on the return loss(S22) if my line is inductive or capacitative, so i could investigate what is the situation?

4. also shown below Z22 (my input is port 2,the only one) with Decoupling capacitors .
maybe this Z-param plot can give insight regarding whether my pulse will not be distorted at the load?
Thanks.

Explanation video is attached in the link below.
1700757277248.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back