Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulling range for Crystal Oscillator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pthoppay

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
crystal pulling range

HI,

I need help on oscillator design. I am building oscillator using colpitt configuration (see attached figure).

I have a crystal oscillator in my feedback for better stabilty, to change the resonance frequency of the crystal I have added an Inductor in series with crystal oscillator.

Now my question is, what is the range I could pull the resonance frequency of the crystal oscillator. Is it a good way to pull the resonace frequency of crystal oscillator by this method or is there any other better way.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Prakash.

Hello Prakash,

Pulling overtone oscillators are not good solution first and second range is very limited. Better crystal and oscillators are reducing pulling range. It is possible to increase pulling range but you have to sacrifice stability. What is your real task( frequency stability or pulling frequency change.....?)
Some practical results pulling range for overtone oscillators are 2-5 kHz max. Better solution is to pull fundamental crystal oscillator and than multiply it to the wonted frequency.

GL XTASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back