Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus ARES: what does Pitch implies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w_bwr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In ARES, what does the component pitch means?

While drawing the board edge, it show Height and Width in "th", what does that means? And how to convert it into meters or inches?

1th is 1/1000 of an inch
To use metric press the m button in the top menu.

I'm not sure what you refer to about the component pitch

Reactions: w_bwr

w_bwr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I'm not sure what you refer to about the component pitch

In Package Mode, while picking up a component Package, for example a capacitor, it show like this:

Name: Axial100
Library: Package
Description: Axial Capacitor, 1.0 inch pitch, 100th pads.

what the 1.0 inch pitch in the description means? I have rectangular shape capacitor (Height: 14mm, Width: 25mm). How would i know the which package is the best suited?

The 1 inch pitch is the distance between the pads and 100th is the pad size used
1 inch is 2.54cm

You have to check the distance of the pins of your capacitor and select the appropriate package.
You can measure the case size if you place the component in the design, use the metric mode and the distance tool from the left side menu (line with two arrows)

And, since it seems you prefer to work using the metric system, convert the grid to the metric system for convenience, as Alex has said. Make sure you set your required grid settings in the menu bar: Technology > Grids.

When you press the m button to set the metric system then the grid changes too anyway but where is Technology > Grids located?

That is the problem, I wasn't able to find it.
In ARES (7.7sp2) I see file, output, view, edit, library, tools, system, help and I didn't find a technology menu or submenu maybe it has been added in a new version.

maybe it has been added in a new version.

Probably.

I think you can find it in System -> Set Grids

- - - Updated - - -

In ARES, what does the component pitch means?

While drawing the board edge, it show Height and Width in "th", what does that means? And how to convert it into meters or inches?

Probably, everything you require has already been explained. Just for the sake of completeness, you should know that "th" is thou - also known as mil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_(length)

Last edited:

That is the problem, I wasn't able to find it.
In ARES (7.7sp2) I see file, output, view, edit, library, tools, system, help and I didn't find a technology menu or submenu maybe it has been added in a new version.

can u tell me what drill file i have to set for 7805

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back