Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel .HYP syntax question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony.s

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I'm currently working with a flying probe tester and I had a question about the .HYP format. I don't have any experience with Protel/Altium so please forgive me if my question is remedial. I outsourced the CAD data for a particular board, and the company sent me the CAD as a Protel Hyperlinx output, but they left a few pins out and I'd like to make the corrections myself. I just need to know what the "p=number" at the end of the syntax listed below is referring to:

(PIN X=13.6980 Y=3.0050 R=Q38.5 P=32)

I have the x,y coordinates that I need and I have the ref des/pin number. I can't seem to figure out what the "p=32" is referring to. I understand that I won't have the trace segment information, but for my purposes it is not needed. I plan on just adding a pin in the proper net with the proper x,y coordinates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you for taking the time to read my post.

-Tony

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back