Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For U3 (TI-inverter SN74LVC1G06), When pin 2 is low im getting 2 volts out of pin 4. Shouldn't it be 5 volts?

What could be going wrong?

Is it something you have built or are simulating? Check the pinouts on the package carefully - it is easy to mix up the numbering. You could try reducing R2/R3 - they seem high for driving the HMC190.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
Is it something you have built or are simulating? Check the pinouts on the package carefully - it is easy to mix up the numbering. You could try reducing R2/R3 - they seem high for driving the HMC190.

Keith.

Hey Keith,

On pin 6 of U1(Hitite switch) there is a 51 ohm resistor going to ground. I removed the 51 ohm resistor and now I see 5V on U3 (inverter output pin 4).

Why is it that when I removed the 51 ohm resistor the inverters work correctly and when the 51 ohm resistor is in the circuit the inverters dont work correctly?

see new attachment.....

I did think there was something suspicious about what's inside the Hitite switch because the control pins don't seem to be totally isolated from the RF(compression depends on control voltage) but I couldn't work out what was really going on inside the chip. The data doesn't say a lot. I assume the input actually drives the gate of a MOSFET switch.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.